These task cards, can however, be expensive and time consuming to make. Printing, laminating and cutting dig into teachers' pockets and personal time.
Students are also becoming reliant on digital manipulation. They are familiar with digital resources and enjoy using them.
Boom! Learning have created an App which cover all these bases.
They offer a digital task card resource. That's right! No more printing, no more laminating, no more cutting!
The platform allows teachers to create their own sets as well as purchase from sets available in the Boom! Learning store.
Let's look at what Boom offers teachers:
- No more printing, laminating and cutting!
- A huge time and money saver for teachers.
- Because printing costs do not need to be taken into consideration, Boom cards can be bright, colorful and appealing to the student-eye.
- One-on-one teaching. Each student logs in and completes task card sets on their own.
- Boom records and grades students' responses. A report can be accessed by the teacher for each student, outlining how they fared with the deck.
- Differentiated learning is easy as you can decide which sets each student needs to complete.
- Preparation is minimal: create/purchase your set and allocate it to your class in the app.
- Students love using digital resources during class time and this offers a different form of reinforcement.
- You can access Boom Learning Website via their website or download the App onto your devices (Google Play and Apple Store)
Does this sound like something that you and your students will enjoy using? Check it out! You can sign up initially for free and try it out before signing up for a bigger membership.
I have opened a store, should you be interested in checking out some of my decks:
Visit BOOM! Learning HERE!